Friday, September 12, 2014

The Janeite Tag!

So this is officially the first tag I have ever done, and I'm super excited about it. (-: Thanks to Evie Brandon of A Period Drama Fangirl.
    

~Thank and link back to the person who tagged you.


~Tell how you were introduced to Jane Austen and share one fun fact about your Janeite life (this fun fact can be anywhere from "I stayed up all night readingEmma," to "I visited Chawton and met Anna Chancellor.").
~Answer the tagger's questions.
~Write seven questions of your own.
~Tag as few as one or as many as seven other Janeites and let them know you've tagged them.

I think I was first introduced to Jane Austen when my mom bought the 1995 version of Sense and Sensability at a garage sale. I was about nine or ten, but I enjoyed it. It wasn't until we borrowed Pride and Prejudice (1995) from the library that I was really hooked. I absolutely loved everything about it. And Lizzy Bennet was amazing and brilliant, etc. I think that Pride and Prejudice is still one of my favorite movies of all times.

Now for the questions:
1) What is your favorite Jane Austen minor couple? I'll have to say Harriet Smith and Robert Martin. They're especially cute together.


2) Would you rather spend a weekend with Mr. Wickham or Mr. Willoughby? Ugg. They're both scoundrels. Okay, since I can't really say neither, I'll have to say Willoughby because he was sorry for his actions in the end and Wickham was not.

3) You've been invited to a ball, what's your first reaction? A ball? Yay! I can't wait. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself with my sad dancing skills, but I really do enjoy dancing.
Here's a hipster Darcy meme, just because...

4) If you could choose a Jane Austen home to live in what would you choose? Netherfield? 
Pemberly? Gosh, there are so many amazing houses to chose from... Well, perhaps I would live at Pemberly for part of the year, and in the summer I would live in the Dashwood's cottage by the sea. It is just so charming! 

5) Darcy or Bingley? Oh, I think Darcy. Bingley is great and all, but Darcy is very intelligent and and a complex character. Besides, he owns Pemberly Estates! 

6) Brandon or Ferrars? Ummm... Oh, gosh, they're both great characters. I don't know why exactly, but I think I like Edward Ferrars better.

7)Knightley or Captain Wentworth? Eenee, menee, minee, moe... Okay, I've finally decided on Knightley. You see, I haven't read Persuasion yet, so I'm not fully acquainted with Captain Wentworth, and Mr. Knightley has some pretty memorable quotes.

My Questions:
~ 1995 or 2005 Pride and Prejudice?
~ If you could meet one Jane Austen character, who would it be, and why?
~ Favorite Jane Austen quote?
~ How many of Jane Austen's novels have you read?
~ Would you rather go a Christmas party with Emma Woodhouse or visit the sea shore with Anne Eliot?
~ Have you ever been to England?
~ Would you rather spend two hours listening to Mrs. Bates ramble or with Mrs. Bennet complaining about her poor nerves?

I tag:
 Kiri Liz at Lianne Taimenlore

Emma Jane at A Lantern in Her Hand
Hannah at The Daisy Tree
Skye Hoffert at Ink Castles
And The P&P95Forever Club

10 comments:

  1. Great post! I really enjoyed reading your answers. I love all things Austen! :D Thank you so much for nominating me. I'm hoping to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Isn't Jane Austen the best? Have fun(-:
      ~Elizabeth

      Delete
  2. Ooh, lovely post! And good questions too, haha. By the way, it's "Pemberley", with an e at the end--I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, but it's a mistake I used to make myself, so I thought I would let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Jane Bennet,
      I had a lot of fun doing this post(-: Thanks for telling me, I'm a horrible speller. XD
      ~Elizabeth

      Delete
  3. Oooh Jane Austen! The only book I've read is Pride and Prejudice:)
    I love this post, I love your blog.
    Followed you<3
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June,
      Lovely to meet you,and thanks so much for following. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite! Have you seen either of the movies? They are amazing. Actually, all of the books and movies are great. (-:
      ~Elizabeth

      Delete
  4. Ooooooh you completed it! :D
    Thank you for doing so, your answers were quite delightful!
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tagging me! It was fun. (-:
      ~Elizabeth

      Delete
  5. Okay, that hipster Darcy meme -- I am chuckling aloud :-D

    And I really like Robert Martin and Harriet Smith too!

    Since you love Jane Austen, just thought I'd mention that a friend of mine is hosting an Emma party next month -- click here for details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hamlette,
      Thanks for checking out my blog. I could not resist posting the Darcy meme, it was too perfect. XD
      And thank's for telling me about the Emma blog party! I'll definitely go check that out.
      ~Elizabeth

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...