Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fall Here and There

Where I live, in the southwest, fall isn't really your typical russet-and-gold-leaves season. Around here, we get cool mornings and evenings, and in the middle of the day it's in the high eighties or maybe even the nineties. Today and yesterday were different though; it's been raining!

I found this picture on Pinterest, and it fit today perfectly!
It's been raining hard, on and off all day today. (I think it's the last bits of the hurricane that happened in Baja California sometime back.) Anyhow, I love rainy weather, and I hope we have more of it this fall and coming winter. I thought I'd make a list of things that make me think of fall (or at least fall in the southwest.
  1. Rain (of course it's on the top of my list)
  2. The start of the county fair.
  3. Tea
  4. Field-trips. (My French class and my sisters Spanish classes are taking a field-trip through a couple of traditional southwestern towns at the end of this month. I'm not mentioning names for security reasons. (-: )
  5. English midterms are coming up. (Why so soon? Didn't school just start!?)
  6. Pomegranate harvests have already started.
  7. I have my PSAT test coming up in less than a week. (Why did I decide to take it again?)
  8. Writing the second chapter of my novel. (Someone remind me to do a post about that soon. I mean, this blog is called Incidents of a Literary Nature.)
  9. I should probably be studying right now...
Thanks for bearing with my irregular posts. I know I already did something somewhat like this, but I've been lacking in inspiration lately. Is there anything you would like me to do a post about? I'd love ideas. (-: What's fall like where you live? Unless you live in someplace like Australia or Antarctica, then tell me what spring is like there.
~Lizzy 




13 comments:

  1. You mentioned Australia! :D
    Spring here is so pretty! all the flowers come out and its a little cool still. However where I live it's only what is deemed Spring for a couple of weeks. Then it's straight into the hot summer for about 4 months so that is quite unpleasant. I dearly love winter and snow so much though, one of the reasons why I wanna live in England.
    Good Luck with your exams!! :D
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring and fall are like that here as well, short. (-: We should totally visit each other when we decide to move to England! I dream of living there, but anywhere in Europe sounds amazing as well...
      And thanks, exams are scary, but hopefully I'll do fine,
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oh, gosh, I haven't exactly thought about that. Someplace near the sea or London sounds amazing though(-:

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, SW, I thought it described the weather perfectly. (-:

      Delete
  3. This is lovely, Elizabeth. Fall where I live is *very* rainy and windy, but I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That sounds amazing.(-: I love wind and rain, hopefully we'll be getting more of it here this year.
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
  4. Ah, rain. It's been super raining and muddy here in the mid-west too (also pretty cold). While I like rain, I can't say I'm too terribly happy about the fact that it only seems to rain on days where I have to go out walking in it. :/ Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to agree with you, walking in pouring rain can get tiresome! When I was in England with my grandma a few years ago, it rained almost every evening, especially when we were walking back to the B&B. XD

      Delete
  5. I live in Phoenix. Sounds like we get basically the same weather you do. Except it's not raining today :(

    I have to take the PSAT in two days!!! I'm trying not to be nervous :( Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! We're practically twins(-: I've got to say that the closer that PSAT test gets, the more nervous I become. Good luck to you as well!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...