Monday, November 17, 2014

In which I intruduce you to my story...

I'm back! Yeah, I said I'd be back earlier and all that stuff, but you wouldn't believe how crazy it's been. You know, I'm not going to go into detail, just think school, two recitals, a piano master class, family events, and too little time. You get the general idea. So let's just say, I probably won't finish the novel in November, or even December unless I'm lucky, but I have gotten a few chapters done and it's felt good.
 I know I've been talking about writing my novel, but so far I haven't told you guys anything about it! You're probably all wondering by this time, 'is she even writing a novel?' The answer is yes, and today I will give you a short synopsis of my novel. Oh, and by the way, it doesn't have a title yet, so if anyone can think of a good title after reading this post, just comment below. (-:
   My novel is a retelling of Snow White, but it's from the prince's POV. Gaspar (the prince) has just returned from two years away at school to his grandfather's chateau. The Annual Summer Festival held in Ivernia is just about to start, trouble is brewing between Ivernia and the neighboring country of Voralithia, Gaspar is wondering how he's going to impress the other prince's who are coming to the festival for the first time and will probably find Ivernia rather rustic, and to top it all off, Gaspar's old friend whom he hasn't seen in years, Princess Blanche arrives. Whew! That was a run on...He is soon to be engaged in a battle of loyalties. Insert dramatic music. And I haven't gotten much further than that.
Okay, so now for some pictures and short character descriptions.
Welcome to Ivern, probably one of the smallest, most vulnerable, thought probably most respected, countries in this made up story world. Here is the chateau where Gaspar's grandfather rules and where his close family lives. Yeah, I should probably include a couple of distant relatives who hang around to make it more realistic. Anyhow, moving on...



Here is the MC, a prince of 18, Gaspar. He's supposed to be a bit snobby at the beginning, but he gets better, because it would be a really lame story if he didn't. More about him later. Here's the picture. He looks a little older than he's supposed to, especially since he's been acting like an entitled thirteen year old lately... (No offence to 13 year olds', you guys are great, I'm just sayin' Gaspar acts five years younger than he really is.) 
 
Here is the beautiful Snow White Blanche, who is two years younger than Gaspar, and a very unconventional princess besides the fact that she's gorgeous. 1) She's blind 2) She loves animals 3)She's a bit of a tomboy even though it's hard to be one when you're blind and 4) She is very opinionated and sometimes speaks her mind more than a 'normal' princess should.' Yeah, she looks a little old to be 16. How come heroines in YA literature are always 16?
 
And here's a picture of Gaspar and Armand, who is Gaspar's awesome older brother, who behaves himself a lot better than Gaspar. Actually take that back. He's the crown prince and he's currently in love with a peasant (yeah, that was a little bit of a surprise for me) so he's kind of in a tight spot right now. I don't know what he's going to do when his grandfather, the king, finds out. Armand's the one on the right, although Gaspar isn't supposed to be that tall, this seemed like a pretty accurate picture of the two of them.
 
Here is a picture of the evil stepmother. She's not more than fifteen years older than Blanche, but she was tired of being a mere princess, and decided to marry King Rodger of Histobel and then murder him and his close relatives so she could be queen and take over neighboring countries. Yeah, she's only murdered one person so far and he was only a prisoner, so she's got a ways to go.
 


 
And this is how I imagine the cottage where Blanche will hide from her stepmother in. What should I do about the seven dwarves? I mean, it's not really a magical world, I don't know why, but so far I haven't added any magic in and even though dwarves aren't technically magical, it seems a little random for my novel.
Just imagine this a little less modern and in a forest.
Well, those are some of the main characters in the story and that's the general idea of the novel. There are a few more interesting characters of whom I do not have any pictures currently, but hopefully I'll get to introduce you to them sometime or other. If there's anything you'd like to know about my novel, just ask in the comments below and I'll comment back, or if there's a subject of interest to most people, then I will do a post about it. And speaking of posts, I have gotten three tags this month and I will do a post with those soon!
 
~Lizzy

10 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, this sounds incredible! I'm a big fan of fairytale-retellings! Thanks for sharing about your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Hannah, I'm glad you liked it. (-: Do you like to write?

      Delete
  2. I love it, Lizzy!! Everything about it sounds amazing. The characters are fascinating, and the plot sounds really exciting. I can't wait to read some snippets in the near future...(hint, hint). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I'll try to post some snippets soon. It's just in the first draft, so it doesn't have very many good quotes yet. And thanks, I hope my characters turn out well!

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds great. I'm loving the idea of a sideplot with the older brother. Can't wait to hear more.

    By the way, I just found your blog through bloglovin and am pretty excited about it. I am also a teenage girl obsessed with chocolate and writing. I write at youngladyexplorer.blogspot.com about my post high school adventures and potential travels. Lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dr. Sus, thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed my post. (-: Just checked out your blog and I'm following, it looks really cool.
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elizabeth. I appreciate that. Let's be blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very original twist on fairytale, love the feel of it just from the pictures. Good luck with writing it, I know how hard it is to mix writing with a busy schedule. A few chapters is amazing, not everyone writes a book in a month. I know I can't I need at least a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much! I hope to do another post (with more detail about the MCs) and some other fun stuff soon. Perhaps next month. (-:

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...