Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Meet my best friend!

She stared out at the audience not knowing what to say, then took a deep breath and said what she
would usually say, “Hi!”

My name is Ekaterina. I am a teenager who loves to read books and watch TV, especially classic movies and period dramas. I like to play the piano and used to take piano lessons, but now I am teaching myself and will practice a piece constantly in the hopes of getting better. I also like to sing, draw, and crochet. I enjoy spending time with my mom, and I couldn’t talk about myself without mentioning my mom because she is a huge part of my life.
Writing is becoming another activity that I really love to do. I have always written essays, but I never
wrote anything other than a school assignment. Elizabeth would talk to me about her writing, and it
sounded so fun and exciting that I decided to take a Creative Writing class for school. I have found that writing for fun is amazing. I enjoy writing short stories and poems. I was about to join NaNoWriMo, but then I talked about it with my Mom and realized that my schedule would interfere with writing 50,000 words. I want to write a novel someday, just not this month. I love to be inspired, and I love to write about what I am inspired by. I am mostly inspired by music and my life. What are you inspired by?
It was very nice sharing with you all and thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy the poem.
 
   Rose Dream
Roses sprayed across the bush
Are lovely and refreshing.
With a quiet smile and blush,
They wish you a good morning.
 
When I lean my face close
To a rose in its prime,
I inhale the sweetness
And am taken to somewhere sublime.
 
In and out I weave.
In and out of a fairytale
And not wanting to leave,
I continue on my trail.
 
As I pull my face away,
I am pulled from my dream
From all the play
And all the glitter and gleam.
 
I look at the world around me
Only to find it dull and depressful.
One look at the rose, bright and free,
And everywhere I look is now beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Ekaterina! That's a lovely poem. <3 Roses are my absolute favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! I'm glad you liked the poem. Roses are also my favorite flower. I guess that's why I love to write about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Ekaterina! I should have you do guest posts more often(-:

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...