Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!

I just realized that I still haven't done a Christmas post! So Merry Christmas, you guys, and here's a random post full of all things Christmas-y...
I love this Norman Rockwell picture.
I found this great holiday poem by William Wordsworth called Minstrels on this great site called Poem Hunter. (It's got all kinds of great poems.) I think that this one captured the holiday spirit wonderfully.
The minstrels played their Christmas tune
To-night beneath my cottage-eaves;
While, smitten by a lofty moon,
The encircling laurels, thick with leaves,
Gave back a rich and dazzling sheen,
That overpowered their natural green.


Through hill and valley every breeze
Had sunk to rest with folded wings:
Keen was the air, but could not freeze,
Nor check, the music of the strings;
So stout and hardy were the band
That scraped the chords with strenuous hand.


And who but listened?-till was paid
Respect to every inmate's claim,
The greeting given, the music played
In honour of each household name,
Duly pronounced with lusty call,
And 'Merry Christmas' wished to all. 
And speaking of music...
Here's one of my favorite Christmas carols, Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming. I believe that Bach arranged the harmonies, but I could be wrong. (-;

I love this rendition of Oh Holy Night by Kings College Choir. You should look up their other carols, They are incredibly talented!


And on a different note, here's a more modern A Capella group that I'm sure you've heard of. Pentatonix does a really cool version of Go Tell it on the Mountain.

And because I love Celtic Women... (Aren't the fiddle parts are incredible?)

I've been listening to a lot of Christmas music. I'm currently in love with Spotify,because I can make  playlists of favorite carols, and I'm currently working on a playlist for my book. It's been a lot of fun. 
   We decorated our house this month, and our big tree makes our living room feel so cozy! I've nearly finished all of my gifts for everybody, and I'm so glad to be done with the stress of finding the 'right' gift for each person! I'm not mentioning what any of them are, because all of my sisters follow my blog, and I wouldn't want to ruin any of their surprises. (-: I have a few days left to get all of my gifts ready because my family celebrates Christmas on the Julian Calendar like a lot of Eastern European countries. 
   I can't wait! I'm also really excited about the food. I live in a family of foodies, so every holiday is filled with culinary excellence. I'm particularly excited about cardamom bread that we make every year with a delicious Serbian cheese spread... Yummmmmm... I don't know exactly what else is on the menu, but I'm filled with anticipation just the same. (-: What holiday food are you looking forward to this year? Do you have any special holiday traditions?
Have a wonderful (rest of your) holiday, and Merry Christmas, and God bless us, every one! (This makes me think, I should read A Christmas Carol again...)

Joyeux Noel,
~Lizzy

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Christmas happiness! :) Merry Christmas to you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you as well, Hannah! Isn't Christmas absolutely fabulous? Today my little sister and I made hot chocolate and I read her A Christmas Carol in front of our fireplace. It felt so lovely and Christmas-y! Enjoy your holiday,
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Merry Christmas, dear!!

    xo sami
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Samantha! I hope you had a great Christmas(-:

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...