Friday, January 30, 2015

In Which Evie and I Discuss The Battle of the Five Armies

Hey guys, it's Lizzy here, and with me Evie from Me, Myself and I. We both saw The Battle of the Five Armies about a month ago, and we were so thrilled with it, we decided to do a post. (Albeit a month late, but better late than never. (-: ) If you didn't enjoy the movie (of course you did!) or you can't stand fangirling, you'd better close this tab and find something else to read because there will be a LOT of this going on:
Okay, so we've decided to do it Q&A style, and we'll answer lots of questions about the movie. How we felt about the characters, the storyline, blah blah and blah and a lot of other random questions. Let's get started! (WARNING: there may be some spoilers for those who haven’t read the book or seen the movie yet.)

  How did you feel right before the movie/as the movie began?
Well I saw the movie with one of my best friends so as it began we looked at each other excitedly and grinned. I felt excited, nervous to see if it was going to be a good film and sad because I love my middle earth world. The village scene was very well done and it was a little scary.. But my friend kept reminding himself and me "It's only a dragon who is Sherlock" and it was ok.

  I also saw it with my best friend and we were super excited! I felt a little sad though, because I went into the theater thinking. “This is going to be the last time I see a Middle Earth film for the first time, and then it’s ‘Goodbye’.” But as soon as it started playing, I had to constrain myself from bouncing in my chair like an infant. It was especially incredible since we saw it in 3D. Oh my gosh, all the flames and Smaug were gorgeous! That sounded a little morbid...

  Tell us about one or three of your favorite characters briefly.
One or three of my favourite characters.. Hmm.
Thorin Oakenshield.
Well apart from the fact that this guy is played by Richard Armitage (swoon) I really liked the way he was the dominant leader of the dwarfs and not afraid of toil. He stands up for his beliefs and is not afraid to question others on theirs. Sadly his moral compass in this film is much to be desired..
There are many more but time does not permit me today.

I have to agree with Evie that Thorin was an awesome character, but since it would be no fun if I copied, I’m going to say, ARGGGG! This is hard, okay I’m going to say that Bilbo has a special  place in my heart. Probably since I’m a bit like him. I don’t know if I’m as brave and incredible as he is, but in other ways I feel like I relate to him. I think that Martin Freeman did an awesome job of portraying Bilbo. He kind of is Bilbo Baggins. I love how he bravely defies Thorin and hands the Arkenstone over to Thranduil. He knows perfectly well that Thorin is probably going to kill him. Literally. But he does it anyways, to stop a war and to keep Thorin from giving in entirely to his greed. He is one brave hobbit!
And then he has those moments like these...

And his facial expressions…

  What did you think of the battle?
OH.MY.GOSH! Epically sad!
Haha, erm which battle? There were lots :p
It was longer than I had expected, but Peter Jackson really mixed it up, so there was lots of variety in the fighting styles and locations. The main battlefield was huge and incredibly epic, though!

  Which character do you think developed the most/the best?
Tauriel.. Just and Bilbo and Thorian and Gandalf.. I cant choose! Oh! Legolas too!

I find this question surprisingly difficult to answer… Can I choose them all? Hmm, well, I think that besides Bilbo, Thranduil was one of the characters who developed the most. In the beginning we see him as unfeeling and cold, but by the end, you realize that he actually does have feelings, and it just makes all the sadness and feels so much more hard to bear...661b4b801aafe330aa3b5acabf3c5b6e.jpg
Our Reactions to the Movie in Gifs:
Evie:
When it started:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-18991-1382303926-5.gif

Fili and Kili…:
tumblr_nenhxlufuV1qeg6zlo1_250.gif

Fili and Kili’s death:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2579-1376723334-5.gif

When I saw that they kept the auction scene:
AUCTION.gif

And the final credits…
END.gif

Lizzy:
When it started:
fangirling.jpg

When war is declared between the elves and dwarves:
b5122fdf7c5668596b87a104cf94cffd.jpg

When Thorin dies:
dies inside.jpg

When Bilbo says ‘goodbye’ to the (remaining) dwarves:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-3067-1390700302-1.gif

The end:
ce52c806d2e016d568e1d6c58efdc303.jpg

A month later…

feels.jpg

What were your thoughts and feelings on The Battle of the Five Armies? And if you did a review, leave a link to it in the comments below!

16 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the GIFs - they pretty much some up my feels, too! :') I loved this movie so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, I think Evie and I had fun choosing gifs. (-: Yes!!! So many feels, I loved this movie, and I'm so sad it's all over. I can't wait for all of the films to be on DVD so I can get all of the extended editions and have a Middle Earth marathon! Can you believe, I've never seen any of the extended editions?!

      Delete
    2. And aww thanks Hannah!
      Oh yes the GIFS were great fun! :D I've seen the extended editions of the first two :-)

      Delete
  2. Loved this, such a great movie. I was tearing up behind my 3D glasses at the end. Thranduil was my favorite his hair was just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep! Yes, Thranduil's hair was FABULOUS, and the way he was able to fight without his hair getting messed up, and looking emotionless, was terrifying... IKR? I had to take off my 3D glasses and real glasses from time to time to wipe away tears as well. (I brought an entire tissue box to the theater, and I'm glad I did, but I could almost swear that some of the boys sitting further down the isle were laughing at my friend and I...) And ohmygosh, wasn't Thranduil so sad in the end?

      Delete
    2. I was sobbing.. really it wasn't pretty..
      The only time I've cried like that was in HP7 part 2

      Delete
  3. I have so many mixed emotions about this film, like I don't even know where to begin. It did surprise me. I'll admit, going into it I didn't expect much. I was glad that it wasn't entirely a big war (which I feared it would be), but I still feel like the whole thing could have just been two movies. All the stuff they added seemed unnecessary to me. But I loved all the dwarves and Bilbo, and it was all very feels-y.
    Great post, girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they could have fit it into two films, but I still loved it, and my feels were overflowing in the form of tears when I saw it. I'm glad they mixed up the battle too. I'm so sad that it was the last Middle Earth film, though, I'm going to miss the anticipation and excitement of having a new one come out every year.

      Delete
  4. I loved watching the movie with you. When you first told me that you brought a box of tissues, I was thinking "Ok Lizzie. I am definitely not going to need those." I now laugh because I really cried and had to use several of those tissues. Thank you for bringing them. I loved the I'm dead and the Bilbo saying oh no gifs. They explain exactly how I felt, especially the gif with Bilbo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I'm so glad I got to watch the movie with YOU, Ekaterina. it was so much fun. *nods knowingly* I knew we would need those tissues. XD Haha! Isn't Bilbo awesome? I think Martin Freeman did an awesome job portraying him.

      Delete
    2. I was actually listening to the Tales of Hoffman via MET while reading your post. When I got to Tauriel, I was thinking to myself, "Great! I can't seem to get away from characters who's love dies."

      Delete
    3. lol, that's really funny, but terrible at the same time. XD

      Delete
  5. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i can't read it yet!
    I'VE NOT SEEN IT YET.
    *wants to read post so badly, doesn't want spoilers even more.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to see it as soon as possible, Jess!!! Just bring tissues. )-'; That's not spoilers, right?

      Delete
  6. I have not seen the 3rd movie yet but I will come back and read this post once I have seen it!! I'm so excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...