Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years...

Happy New Year, everyone!
   I should have written this post earlier, but life happens. I was planning on getting some sleep because I was feeling unwell, but ironically I stayed up past midnight because my head cold made me unable to sleep... Yawn...) So I'm sorry if this post is a little scattered and incoherent. Anyhow, I'll not bore you with talk of colds any longer, let's get started!
   So, 2014 was a really busy year and I thought I'd go over the highlights that happened. (In no particular order)

- I started my Snow White retelling.
- I visited Mexico for the first time over spring break.
- I was able to attend three incredible piano master classes.
- I went on a road trip with my mom and siblings to the west coast. (Through California, Oregon and Washington.) Two of my sisters and I went for an awesome week long sailing trip on the Schooner Martha. I <3 sailing!
- I started this blog, and made several amazing new blogging friends. Love you guys!
- I got to spend some time with my best friend. (Not as much as I would've liked to, though (-; )
-I survived my first English class.
- My sisters and I watched our first Marvel movie, The Avengers. (It was awesome.)
- I attempted NaNoWriMo and failed miserably.
- I nearly doubled the size of my bookshelf... XD
- I saw the Battle of the Five Armies!!! (I'll do a post about that later.)
- I joined an awesome critique group, and it has been really great working with other writers my age.

   Those are just some of the events that happened this year, but I'm to lazy to think of them all. (-;
2014 wasn't exactly the easiest year of my life, but it was really interesting and all of the experiences I've had have definitely made my life much more different than it was a year ago. One of the things I regret about 2014 was that I didn't live as wholly as I would've liked too. I can name countless times when I spent all my free time on the web instead of doing homework or hanging out with my siblings. I'm not very good with resolutions, but I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to make a few. (-; 

  • Stop procrastinating: This is probably one of my greatest downfalls. I procrastinate on everything, even things I enjoy sometimes. It's rather ridiculous, and I don't want to feel guilty about doing the things I enjoy. Perhaps doing what needs to be done right away will help that some.
  • Write everyday: Let's just say, this is part of procrastinating too. I enjoy writing, but there are just those days when one of your favorite blogger did a new post, or Studio C released some new videos, or, or, or... You get the general idea.
  • Listen more: I have to confess, I've only recently realized that I don't listen enough. I talk more about my life than I listen to their stories, and it always makes me feel so bad when they remember everything I've told them a week ago and I can barely remember what they told me two days ago because I was to occupied with my own life. It's not just listening, I need to pay more attention to the world around me in general. I feel like if I listened more and paid attention to other people's lives rather than living inside of my head all of the time, I wouldn't be so dull or worry as much. 
  • Be thankful and share: This kind of goes with the above resolution. I am often so preoccupied and worried about my own life that I don't realize when other people might need help, whether it be a hug when they're sad, or help with homework. It seems strange at first, but when you really think about it, sharing and helping make you realize that some of the things you've taken for granted are great gifts. 
  • Bonus; learn how to drive: I really should have started studying earlier, because I want to get my license when I turn 16. I'd better get to work...
   I mean this all in the least cheesy way possible. (-: There are several other things I desperately need to work on, but sometimes less is more. I easily get overwhelmed by long lists. Tell me about your year and what you hope to do in 2015.
   Happy New Year!
     Lizzy


22 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! I can't wait to see The Hobbit. I was going to last weekend with my grandparents, but that's been postponed indefinitely because they weren't able to come up. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... That's really disappointing. IM me or e-mail me or something when you do see it. We can fangirl about it! I was crying at the end... Have you read the book? If you have, you'll understand why. (-; I need to see it again...

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
    3. I promise to let you know when I watch it! :) I didn't cry at all in the book, but I know I will in the movie. They're so innocent and young. :(

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Your resolutions sound fun and reasonable. I am 18 and still working on learning how to drive (my parents were adamant that driving education should be avoided until the last moments before college). It is definitely a unique experience. So far, I love driving as long as I can stay under 2 miles an hour : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted more reasonable resolutions this year so I wouldn't give up, because I'm really not going to start exercising and eating less. (-; My mom is kind of the opposite, because my sisters and I take a few courses at our local community college and driving us back and forth from classes is really hard for her to fit in with the schedule of our family business. Same here! I can't drive very fast without scaring myself (and my family.) And Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
  3. Happy, Happy New Year, Elizabeth. It sounds like you had a fabulous year, and I'm sure you'll have an even better year this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah, and happy New Year! Yes, it was a great year, and I hope so too. (-;

      Delete
  4. doubled the size of your bookshelf? i'm jealous! any favourite reads you'd like to share? :)
    love, love, love reading through peoples' resolutions and i think yours are just amazing! happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks for the sweet comment, Julia. Yes, I actually did a post in December on some of the best books I'd read in 2014. I recommend them all highly. And thanks, aren't resolutions fun?

      Delete
  5. Happy new year! I think I tripled the size of my bookshelf. o-O Which is all well and good but...this year I don't have anywhere to put new books! GAH. And my room isn't big enough for another shelf, so I'll just have to pile 'em up on the floor, right?!
    Listening is good. Sometimes I feel I don't listen closely enough....I never remember anything people tell me. *sigh*
    congrats on all those accomplishments of 2014, though! Piano master classes?! WOAH! GOOD ON YOU! And I hope you manage to get your license this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cait! Trippled?! That's awesome. I have the same problem, I have to stack them the wrong way on the shelf, and I'm running out of room fast. XD
      Yeah, the listening is a resolution I should have started on long ago...
      And yes, if I actually pass the driving test. (-;

      Delete
  6. Interesting post, just found this blog yesterday, and I must say, it's quite good for only having been on here for one year! Also, I thought you might want to check out my blog:

    http://gingergraphs.blogspot.com/

    -Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Max. Blogging has been a really fun new hobby for me. And I will definitely go check out your blog. (-:

      Delete
  7. I definitely need to listen more! These are really nice resolutions. Good luck keeping them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ekaterina! And btw, I think you're a really good listener. (-;

      Delete
  8. I think my profile picture is now showing. Can you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab post! I'm the same with procrastinating, homework is the worst... And tidying my room!
    Love your blog <3

    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the lovely comment, Lauren. I've been getting better, but I still procrastinate a lot! It's so hard not to do!!! Awww, your blog is awesome too. (-:

      Delete
  10. Are you my appendix? Because I don't understand how you work, but this feeling in my stomach makes me wanna take you out. (:
    Okay, I am sorry about that. Though, I did say I was going to check out your blog. #sorrynotsorry
    Thank you so much for filling out my survey. ♥ Your answers made me smile.
    Your blog is really awesome, and I really understand about the whole procrastination thing. That's mainly why my blog was neglected for a year. Oops.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...