Wednesday, February 4, 2015

MEMM Day 4: Favorite Sword

   There are so many epic swords in Middle Earth, and as much as I am fond of Sting and Orcrist, I think that the most epic and important sword was Anduril, Aragorn's sword. It has an entire history of it's own, and it was in some of Middle Earth's most famous battles.

“The Sword of Elendil was forged anew by Elvish smiths, and on its blade was traced a device of seven stars set between the crescent Moon and rayed Sun, and about them was written many runes; for Aragorn son of Arathorn was going to war upon the marches of Mordor. Very bright was that sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it, and the light of the moon shone cold, its edge was hard and keen. And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it Andúril, Flame of the West.” 
― J.R.R. TolkienThe Fellowship of the Ring
    
The reforging of Anduril
Which is your favorite sword in Middle Earth?

12 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you Anduril is most definitely my favorite sword!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't awesome? I kind of want my own to carry around with me wherever I go. How cool would it be to walk into the grocery store with a sword like 'just picking up some milk and carrots...' XD

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I have another day to write up before I get around to this one, because I still have no idea what I'm going to answer. I'm leaning toward Glamdring (Gandalf's sword), but... I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be really cool to read about Glamdring. I'm afraid my choice was rather cliche, but I do love Anduril. (-:

      Delete
  3. Anduril is the best sword of forever! There really is no contest ;) (Sting is a close second, though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Anduril is so epic! I was thinking about Sting too, because, come on, it turns blue(!) but I decided it wasn't exactly in the category of swords. XD

      Delete
  4. I like Sting :) because he's short and cute and Hobbit size.

    I like your blog. its lovely.

    have a great day:) God bless you!

    princessfaithm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Faith. Sting is an awesome sword!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for commenting, Faith. Sting is an awesome sword!

      Delete
  5. Anduril is awesome, but I always wanted a replica of Legolas's double swords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh, right on! Those are some AWESOME swords. I forgot about them, hmm, that's really tough now...

      Delete
    2. Ooohhh, right on! Those are some AWESOME swords. I forgot about them, hmm, that's really tough now...

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...