Monday, February 2, 2015

Middle Earth Movies Meme: Day 1 (and 2)

    I just found out that Hamlette at Hamlette's Soliloquy is doing this Middle Earth Movies Meme Lineup, and it looked like so much fun, that I decided I had to do it. Practically, it's a list of 28 questions about all six of the Middle Earth movies. I was supposed to start yesterday, as that was the 1st of February. (Guys, it's February already! How did that happen.) I guess I'll just start today and do yesterday and today's questions. This is going to be so much fun!

    Question 1: Favorite moment/line in The Fellowship of the Ring?
I've got to say, this was harder than I had expected. I have so many favorites! I decided to go with the one that I need to remind myself of on a daily basis.
Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I with none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.
    Question 2: Favorite characters from each race?
*Breathes deeply.* Why does this have to be so hard?! Okay, here goes:
Men: Eowyn (ironically, she's not a man)

Hobbits: Sam
This hobbit seriously deserves more recognition. He saved Frodo's life several times, therefore saving Middle Earth. And he was the only one who accompanied Frodo all the way to Mount Doom. This guy is my hero.

Dwarves: Can I have two favorites? Thorin and Gimli? No? Okay, we'll go with Gimli because he's so funny, and he and Legolas make an epic team.

Elves: Legolas/Thranduil (They're father and son, so it definitely counts)

Maia: (This is totally a race) Gandalf 

             Who are your favorite characters and what is your favorite moment in The Fellowship of the Ring?

16 comments:

  1. Just curious, but why Eowyn? Maybe I'm just being biased, because my favourite man is Aragon, haha.

    (I love your blog btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks Jo. I guess I chose Eowyn because she's probably one of the coolest heroines ever written. Aragorn though... Gosh, he's kind of my favorite too! I probably chose her because I could only chose one, and she's one of the heroines I look up to the most. (-:

      Delete
  2. LOTR= everything that is awesome in life.
    Seriously! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! It is my favorite book of all of my favorite books. (And favorite movie(s) (-:)

      Delete
  3. OOH. I love that you get to pick a favorite for every race, because choosing just one would be killer. Sam, Legolas, and Eowyn for the win! I would have picked the exact same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I could not chose just one. That would be horrible, and this was hard enough as it was. Haha, we're twins! (-;

      Delete
  4. Love this post!! The favorites you picked are very similar to what mine would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah, it was lots of fun to do! I had a really hard time choosing characters because I love them ALL! (-:

      Delete
  5. I agree. Legolas is the best of the elves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesh! Legolas is epic! And thanks for telling me about this! It's so much fun.

      Delete
  6. Oooh! You're doing the meme too! So fun!

    My answers to question two are going to be almost entirely different than yours -- isn't that funny? And cool, that Tolkien wrote so many amazing characters that everyone can have different favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I've nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award -- details are here :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for nominating! And it's been so fun doing the meme! Yes, Tolkien is amazing, and all of his characters are so awesome, that I had a really hard time deciding which ones to choose...

      Delete
  7. I adore that moment, and as for a favorite character? DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE! Gandalf and Sam and Eowyn are all wonderful in their own ways. :) :)

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uggg! I know right? It's so hard... I love 'em all. And thanks so much for following back, Chloe. It's so great getting to meet other bloggers. (-:

      Delete
  8. You're doing this meme too? It was so much fun!:D Great answers!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...