Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The one with lots of tags...

I've been tagged. Quite a few times in fact, and until now, I haven't had a chance to do any of them. So today, I'm doing ___ tags in one post. Here goes!
I was tagged by Ashley @ A to Z  and Evie @ Letters from Avonlea for the Just A List of Random Questions tag. I'm supper excited to do this one. Thank you so much for tagging me, Ashley and Evie! And guys, go check out their awesome blogs!
The Rules:
~Paste the button onto your blog post.
~Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time!) (Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity - make the blogging world a cheerful place :-) And be disastrously random.)
My Questions:
  1. Can you touch your toes?
  2. What is your secret superpower?
  3. Hamburgers or pizza?
  4. Favorite OTP (a.k.a. 'one true pairing' for people who speak English properly)
  5. How would you describe your opinion of pickles? To answer this question, play your music on shuffle and skip to the third song. The title of the song is the answer. 
  6. What's the weirdest nickname you've ever been called? Is there a story behind it?
  7. Would you rather be able to fly or walk up walls and on the ceiling like a bug?
  8. In truth or dare, which do you usually pick?
  9. If you were in charge, what is one thing you would change about the world?
I Tag:
You!!!

~Now for the fun: Write down three facts about you - one of them is WRONG. Let your followers guess in the comments which one is wrong (and tell them in the comments after a while).
  1. I'm learning French, Danish, and Latin.
  2. I've played piano for over five years.
  3. I have never read Twilight.

~Answer the questions of the person that tagged you - make it all super random and interesting :-D

Ashley's Questions
1. How many books do you have on your bookshelf?
I haven't counted in a while, but I'd guess somewhere between 100 and 200. That was really vague...
Because we all wish our personal
library looked like this...
2. What is your favorite color? Why?
Errrm, this is hard... I have a couple of favorites, but I guess I'll just have to go with green. It's the color of the British Isles, the color of Tauriel's dress in The Hobbit, and it's the color I miss most in the desert.
That's what I'm talkin' bout!

3. Are you a Mac or PC person? iPhone or Android?
I've never had a Mac, so I'll say PC, and I've never had either type of phone, but having more experience with the iPhone, I'll go with that.

4. Do you regularly use something besides Google to search? (i.e.: Bing, Yahoo)
I mainly use Google, but occasionally I'll use Safari when I'm using an Apple product.

5. What is your favorite type of media? Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook?
None of the above! As a matter of fact, I don't have any of those because I'm weird when it comes to social media. I use Google+ and Pinterest and Blogger. Do any of those count as social media?

6. What's your favorite type of clothing? (i.e.: maxi skirt, fitted shirt, shirt dress, basketball shorts, etc.)
I have a lot more skirts and dresses than pants and shorts, but it's kind of  at tie between my favorite pair of boyfriend jeans and my 'fancy' dresses. I love both the classy sophisticated look, and the laid back comfy look.

7. What's your favorite singing group? 
*flails indecisively*  I have a lot of favorites guys, but I'm going to go with my faithful old favorite from when I was thirteen. Il Volo. It's sad how many people have not heard of this talented and amazing trio of boys. (Okay, their not really boys any more, but you get the point) They are amazingly talented and never disappoint. 

8.  Do you play an instrument? If so, which one?
I play piano. I've tried to pick up a couple of other instruments, but I've never gotten very far with any besides the piano. It's a pretty awesome only instrument, though. (-:
Can you tell I've been raiding Pinterest?

9. What's the main thing you watch on YouTube?
I watch a lot of web series like From Mansfield With Love, Writing Majors, and Project Dashwood, etc... (And if you guys haven't seen any of these, you need to check them out!)

10. Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which are your favorites?
I actually rarely listen to podcasts. I really should listen to more, but I'm not really sure where the best place is to find them. If you guys have any suggestions, just leave them in the comments because I'd love to listen to more. (-:

Evie's Questions

1. Who was your first - really first - fictional crush?
*awkwardly can't think of a single fictional crush* Why can I not remember this? Umm... Maybe Gilbert Blythe or maybe it was Almanzo Wilder or Cagney from The Pinderwicks. Sorry guys. I'm clueless.
2. What is, in your opinion, the prettiest Little House book cover?
It's been a long time since I've read this series and I like a lot of the covers, but I've always liked the one where Laura is galloping a horse bareback through a field.
3. In pictures, do you smile with our teeth or without?
I do both. Either way, I can either look just fine, or really awkward, but in group photos I generally smile with my teeth. I don't know why.

4. In 'Return to Cranford' Miss Matty gets a turban. What do you think of her in a turban?
I say, it's FABULOUS! I think everyone should wear turbans. I think someday when I am eccentric and old (well, more eccentric and old than I already am now) I shall wear a turban.

5. Did you get fooled this year on April the 1st?
Not that I know of!

6. Do you think it's rude when girls re-do their hair in public?
It depends on the situation. Generally, I don't think it is, but if it's in a theater or something, and it's really distracting, I find it a bit annoying.
What my hair would look like in a
more ideal world where I could
actually take good care of my hair.

7. What's your least favorite song in "The Sound of Music"?
Why would I have a least favorite?! I guess I always remembered being bored by "Something Good" or whatever the song was that Capt. von Trapp and Maria sang together before getting engaged. (Or was it after?) It's been a long time since I've seen that movie.

8. Do you chew on the inside of your cheeks when you're thinking?
Occasionally, It's not something I do a lot. Chewing on the inside of my cheeks, I mean, not thinking. (-:

9. This is your how many-ith post?
I think this will make it number 34. I should really post more often.

10. What's your favorite Charles Dickens movie?
Probably Bleak House, but it's hard to decide since they're all so good!
I'm sorry, but I just couldn't help it. XD

11. What should you be doing right now?
I should be writing this blog post, of course! Actually, now that I think about it, I should be working on scholarship and job applications right now...
(Hey, I'll do it later... Like, tomorrow, or the next day, or something like that.)

I was also tagged by Skye @ Ink Castles for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Skye! And you guys should definitely go check out her blog. She talks about writing and life and everything in between. 

The rules are:
Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the eleven new questions.
Create eleven new questions for the bloggers you nominated.
Notify the new nominees of their award.

1. Why do you write?
Why do I write? I'm not entirely sure. Maybe because my mind is such a mixed up mess of ideas and thoughts and I need to straighten them out and understand them. Maybe it's because I need to tell all of the stories inside of my head. Maybe it's because I am inspired by other artists and want to pass on that inspiration. Who knows. I'm not exactly sure myself. I just do it because it's what I love and what I feel I'm supposed to do.

2. Favorite fictional character this month?
Do characters from movies count? Because if they do, I'm going to say Gwain from  Merlin. And he's just one of my many favorites. (-: He has a great sense of humor, is incredibly brave, and everybody loves him. Not to mention, he's got great hair.

3. What summer songs are you listening to?
It's funny, but I'm not super seasonal with my music. I've been listening to my music on shuffle mostly. A few songs that I recently discovered though are "Shut up and dance" by Walk the Moon, "I of the Storm" by Of Monsters and Men, and "You're the Voice" by John Farnham. I discovered this song do to this video below. XD

You can't help but love these two dorks. (-:
4. Favorite book you've read this month? 
I'd have to say either "Miss Perigrin's Home for Peculiar Children", "Cress", or "Sea of Monsters". If you haven't read these books, you really should. (-:

5. What's a movie or T.V. show you would recommend?
I've been watching both Merlin and Robin Hood (both by BBC) and I would recommend either highly. I actually started pinterest boards for both this month. XD If you do watch them, or have watched them, tell me what you think and (assuming you love them) we can fangirl together. (-:

6. What's your favorite summer activity?
Umm... sitting at home and reading or writing or watching a really good show. Yeah, I'm kind of a hermit...

7. What is something you admire about yourself?
Laugh at my possibly skewed self image if you like, but I've always considered myself pretty creative and open minded, and that's one thing I like about myself.

8. Favorite Bible verse?
I don't have a favorite. There are too many good ones. (-: I've got to say that the book of Psalms and 1 John are some of my favorites. 

9. Do you play video games, if so favorite games?
Confession time: I've never played a video game in my life, and I have a feeling I'd be hopelessly terrible at it. However, if you're willing to teach me your favorite game, I'm a willing student.

10. What's something you're scared to do?
I'm supposed to have my first meeting for the creative writing club I'm starting this coming week. I'm figuratively scared to death. Do you know any aliens who would be willing to abduct me before June 4th?

11. What is your goal this month?
*Takes a deep breath* Get a job, get my drivers permit, pass both my summer classes with A's, survive the first meeting of my creative writing club (see above), practice piano daily, and study for my SAT this year.  *passes out* In all seriousness though, my May has been pretty darn relaxed, so I'm not going to complain. (-;

My Questions:

1. Describe your best friend in one sentence.
2. How many siblings do you have?
3. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
4. Most recent TV show/movie obsession?
5. Do you speak any languages?
6. Favorite article of clothing?
7. Have you ever done cosplay?
8. Favorite play?
9. What's one of the worst names you can think of giving a child?
10. What's one thing you would do if you were a billionaire? 
11. A book recommendation?

I Tag:
Evie@Letters from Avonlea, Anne Marie J. Schlueter@AM Station, Chloe@Curious Ramblings, Julia@Running Through the Stars, Susanna@The Misadventures of a Globetrotter in Training, and Adaline@AG in the Shire, and anybody else who would like to do it. (-:

And seriously guys, if you finished reading this entire post, congratulations you brave soul. Actually, congratulations if you even started reading this post after you saw the length of it. XD 
I promise my next post will be shorter.

xoxo
   Lizzy



12 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I think the first one is wrong because Duolingo doesn't have Latin?
    Green! Mmmmmm!! I really miss grass, ya know?
    Yes! Those count as social media! I love your Pinterest!
    Your clothes description could basically define my life!
    Piano is awesome!
    I love the How Stuff Works podcasts! I also like the Disney Film Project Podcast!
    I looked up Il Volo! They're really talented! Do you speak Spanish?
    By the Shores of Silver Lake for the win!
    I should always be working on scholarship applications....
    1 John is good! (I mean so is Psalms, but everybody knows that :D )
    Have fun with your meeting!! That must be so cool! (but terrifying..)
    My SAT is Saturday. Do not freak out. Do not freak out!
    I should probably get my drivers' permit too....
    Awesome post! I loved getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD, yes you guessed correctly. I'm not learning Latin. Aww, thanks, I love your Pinterest too! I'll definitely check out those podcasts!
      I don't speak Spanish, but my younger sister is learning it.(-:
      Oh, and my creative writing club meeting went pretty well. Thanks!
      Oh, how did your SAT go btw?
      Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I had fun doing this post. (-:

      Delete
  2. Awesome post!!! thanks ever so much for the tag! :D I will complete your questions as part of the Q&A which is now Ginormus! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're most welcome. XD I can't wait for your Q&A post!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh mygosh I still haven't done this post......

      Delete
    3. Haha, that's okay. That's basically me with every tag ever... XD

      Delete
  3. Thanks for doing the tag!
    Gwain's hair is wondrous, I love that video of Colin and Bradley. I found it after I finished Merlin, and it just makes everything better. Robin Hood is also so good. I too, do not have phone, and I don't use Facebook or Twitter and I don't think I ever will. I need to get my license, I am going for my Grade 3 next year in piano and I am already nervous. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for tagging me, Skye! OMG, yesh!!! Gwain's hair... *swoons* And Colin and Bradley never cease to make me laugh. (If you follow me on pinterest, you probably know that. XD) Yeah, I'm not big with social media. I feel like I connect best with my friends through blogging and e-mail. (-: Good luck with piano! You'll do fabulously, I know you will. (-:

      Delete
  4. So, nothing I've seen on blogs or Pinterest have ever made me want to watch Merlin... until that picture of Gwain. Oooh. I must admit, I'm intrigued.

    Please do let us know how the first meeting if your writing club goes! And how you've gone about starting it, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would really like Merlin (atleast that's that's what I think) and Gwain is absolutely FABULOUS. He is always getting into mischief, both purposefully and nonpurposefully AND he's absolutely hilarious.
      My writing club meeting went pretty well, thank you. (-: I'm hoping to do a post about it sometime sooner or later when I've done a few more meetings!

      Delete
  5. This post is so fun. Loved reading all of your answers! Ah, isn't Merlin just the best show? LOVE.

    Also, I'm going to guess that #3 is the incorrect fact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applaud you for reading this intimidating post! And thank you. (-: OHMYGAWSH! Merlin!!! That show is practically the most exciting thing in my life right now... I finished season 4, and I'm so scared to start season 5. )-: Also, WHEN is Arthur going to figure out that Merlin has magic?! I was sure he would in S5E1, but nope... Ugg. I'm getting impatient...
      Actually, #1 was incorrect, but it was kind of a trick question, because I AM learning French and Danish, but not Latin (yet). But great guess! (-:

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...