Sunday, August 30, 2015

My Baby Blog Turns One!

   School starts, and the blistering hot days are growing slightly more mild.  The world seems to be spinning quickly beneath our feet, turning day into night and then into day again in an endless cycle.  At this time of year, sometimes we just need to stop, take slow breaths, and look around. And that's what my blog has been for me.  A breath of fresh air.  A place where I can rant and chatter on about the things I love.  A place where I can relax, and be myself.  I've learned that the right people will accept me for who I am, and I don't have to hide that I'm a fangirl or a nerd.  Because people like me for those things. Today is my first Blogaversary, and I want to thank all of you, my followers and friend, for so supportive and friendly.
This image reflects my friendships, I have had toxic friendships before and recently I have decided that it isn't worth being friends with people who don't encourage and support you so I now surround myself with people who have a positive influence on me.

   Guys, I know this may sound cheesy, but each one of you taking your time to follow, read my blog and comment on my posts has made my year so much better and so much more beautiful than it would have been without you guys.  If I had time, I would write something special for each of you, but since I don't, consider this a personal message to you

   Writing this blog has changed my life.

Firstly, I've made more blogging and writing friends than I've made friends in my life, and we've had some really great conversations and fangirling moments together.  I may never have met any of you in person, but I know from talking to you and from your kind and supportive comments that you are all beautiful, uplifting, and amazing souls. I love you guys!
But for now, sending them this will do. | 21 Ways Your Life Changes When Your Best Friend Is Away
I've learned that there are other people out there that are just as big fangirls and nerds as I am. (surprise, surprise!)

I've grown to be okay with sharing my writing, even when it's kinda' lame. 

I've learned that it's okay to be a fangirl and proud of it, because it only makes your life more exciting and wonderful and full of warmth.
And they feel like this: | Community Post: 30 Ways Interns Are Just Like Minions

I've gotten to be myself. I'm still learning, but slowly but surely I'm letting people see the real me, not just the face I put on for the world.

My writing has begun to get better. I've gotten so much encouragement and help.

I've been drawn into soooo many new fandoms that I'd never have heard of if it weren't for blogging. Let's see if I can even name them all:
Sherlock
Merlin
The Percy Jackson Series
The Lunar Chronicles
All the MARVEL movies
K-Drama + K-pop
Robin Hood (BBC)
Once Upon a Time
Les Miserables
The Phantom of the Opera
The Scarlet Pimpernel (The One and Only movie version. You know what I'm talking about.)
ALL the webseries! 
Gosh, that's a lot... But I can't wait to be drawn into even more!

Dan describes it perfectly...
And I've found out about countless amazing books and movies.

I think I can truly say that writing this blog has had an impact on my life.

To all of my readers, thank you again. Thank you for being there for me. For fangirling with me.  For introducing me to cool fandoms and other amazing and random stuff.  For being supportive and kind from the beginning.  For letting me be myself and not judging me.  Basically, thank you for being my friends, and amazing ones at that. It has been an honor and a pleasure to get to know all of you.

I'm posting this kind of last minute, so I haven't had much time to plan, but expect a 1 year blogaversary giveaway of some sort in the next week or so. (-:

What is something you love most about blogging?
   xoxo,
      Lizzy

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! I'm so glad I've gotten to know you through blogging. (-:

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So awesome. (Yay Team Merlin!) Looking forward to journeying with you into Year Two...it's going to be an awesome ride. I'm a newer follower, but I've been so blessed by your honest and insightful writing in such a clear, unique voice. I hope that you never stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! Do you go by Anne or Anne Marie, by the way? And yes! Merlin fan forever! I'm so glad I've gotten to meet you in my first year of blogging and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. And thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  3. We love you too Lizzy!! <3 *jumps on plane and meets you and hugs you dearly* I'm so glad I met you through blogging too. Thank YOU for putting up with my fangirlyness too and our fangirlyness over coughacertainRAMINKARIMALOOcough. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better in the next year. *cheers and clinks glass of milk* Oh and erm I quoted Les Mis today at school.. my head of music was on the flight of stairs and I was at the base and he goes to the other music teacher "Carla, who AM I?" her errrrrrm "John Val Jean" me "222222400000006000 and he joins in and we both go 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111.
    I think we have wierded out the school.. :P
    We need to email soon mmmmmkay?
    ~Evie
    Oh and *blasts poppers* Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and wow I commented at 12am exactly... spoooooky

      Delete
    2. and its meant to be 2222222222244444444444666660000

      Delete
    3. Awwww... You're the sweetest Evie! *hugs* You know, I think you were the first person to comment on my blog!!! And you've stayed with me all the way! Thank YOU for being such an amazing bloggy friend and fellow fangirl. I can't wait for this next year. I have a feeling it will be even more awesome and fangirly! OHMYGAWSHRAMINKARIMLOOYES!!! XD
      I was seriously laughing when I read about that epic Les Mis reference! Your teachers are awesome. (-: And I will definitely send you an e-mail soon! It's been forever, it seems!
      And thank you, thank you, thank you again. You're the best Evie!
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
  4. CONGRATS! I'm so glad you entered the blogosphere. Your blog is always a pleasure to read. Going at it so well for a whole year is a real accomplishment. You should be proud!

    As for my favorite part of blogging, it is HANDS DOWN getting to connect with people in different ways and make friends. I don't know how I would have survived my gap year if I hadn't had fellow writers and fangirls to comiserate with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about it too! :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Susanna! I'm so glad we discovered each other's blogs. I'm so glad to have gotten to know you this year and I can't wait to read about more of your adventures! Thank you for your sweet words, it means a lot to me.

      And I couldn't agree more!!! People are the absolute best thing about blogging. What would blogging be without fabulous blogging friends?
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
  5. Congrats, Lizzie! **Virtually hugs you** And can I just say...MERLIN!!! Based on what I've see on Pinterest, I seriously need to watch that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Julia! *hugs* I'm so glad I got to meet you, and we should definitely talk again soon! It's been forever. What writing project are you working on right now?
      YESSSS!!! You MUST see Merlin! It is asdjfl;asfjlkasfjlsd;f the most amazing thing evah! And the feeeeeelsssss.... XD

      Delete
  6. *sends a virtual hug back* CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you -- it's so amazing to be blessed from blogging and meeting new people and writing/fangirling pals. Agh, awesome stuff. You're a marvelous blogger and a brilliant person, Lizzie. ♥ Never forget!

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I'm so glad I've gotten to meet you, Abbie, your comments always make me smile. (-: But this one also made me tear up because it's really uplifting and sweet and it makes me realize how NICE people are. Thank you so much for your encouragement and kindness, Abbie, it means a lot. You are an amazing person too. <3
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
    2. Also, I can't believe I didn't find your blog until now! I'm following now. (-:

      Delete
  7. Happy Blogaversary, Lizzy. :)
    Your blog has been so much fun to read and I always look forward to your posts. I can't believe that it's been a whole year already!

    You are one of the most awesome people I know. Keep spreading the sunshine, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW!!! You are the best, Audrey and one of the most awesome people that I know too. (-: And doesn't it seem crazy that it's been a year already?
      Thank you so much for following from the beginning and being an AWESOME friend. And your comment really made me smile.

      Delete
  8. Congrats, I love finding people to fangirl with. Love your blog, so glad you had a great first year.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad that we're bloggy friends; I always enjoy fangirling with you and reading your lovely comments, Skye!

      Delete
  9. Yay! Happy Birthday, Incidents of a Literary Nature! Bloggy Birthdays make me so happy. :) You definitely learn a lot from that first year of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! And yes, I agree, I have definitely learned a LOT in my first year as a blogger. (-:

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...