Saturday, August 15, 2015

Savoring the Last of Summer

   Summer, it's almost over for me.  On Monday I go back to school.  I'm excited, I really am, but there's a little bit of bittersweetness in these last days of sunbaked freedom.  It's probably because I know that this is more than likely my last summer of being carefree and just hanging out doing whatever I want.  Next summer I'll be getting ready to transfer to a University.  I'll probably have at least one job and a million more responsibilities.  So, this is basically my last summer of really getting to be a 'kid'. (Well, I'll always be a kid, but you know what I mean.) I guess I didn't realize that until now. Not that it's a bad thing.  I'm excited for what life will bring. I'm starting a tutoring job at the local middle school this week, and I'm looking into some really cool universities on the West Coast. I'm just trying to savor the last few days of summer; my last few days of complete freedom.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
I'm going to drown myself in books.

I'm going to fangirl over my new favorite Korean dramas and Sherlock.

Funnily enough, the love theme from Faith is "Carry On."

I'm going to blast my KPOP playlist (Yes, I'm into all things Korean right now) and my showtunes.

I'm going to write like a madwoman.

I'm going to take sunset bike rides.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Reverse-Commute-ebook/dp/B009V544VQ/ref=tmm_kin_title_0
I'm going to play with my little siblings more.

I'm going to redecorate my room.

I'm not going to apply for any more scholarships until it's officially school time. (-;

I'm going to soak up summer.

* * * * *
How are you spending your last few days of summer? 

xoxo,
     Lizzy

12 comments:

  1. Ayyy I start Monday too!! I'm going to sleep, read, and blog! Good luck this school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome plans! I should definitely add sleeping to my list... And good luck to you too. (-:

      Delete
  2. BTW your new blog design is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a part-time job, so it still feels a bit like a kid summer to me but this is my last semester of grad school coming up and I'll be working two jobs, doing an online internship, etc. etc. so these last couple days before THAT all begins again ---- I mostly just want to relax with friends and family and read a ton. I'd also like to swim as much as I can before it gets too cold. :)

    -Lauren
    stay in touch - I always comment back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting Lauren! Wow! Sounds insanely busy. And isn't spending time with family and friends and reading just the best? Good luck with grad school!

      Delete
  4. Savor it, savor those moments. I think I will be reading, watching many shows, and enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Reading and watching good shows can't be beat.

      Delete
  5. AUUUGH, yes. </3 I'm getting reminded more and more that summer is, sadly, drawing to a close. Our summers are so short up here in the northeast, it's so unfair. And I've been thinking about the same thing, recently -- how time just slips away and bam, we're onto something new, now! It's not like it's bad or anything, but it's just bittersweet, like you said. ♥ That's the perfect word, actually. I'm trying to live in the now; breathe deep, unwind, listen and explore and act like a child.
    Good luck with the tutoring job! That sounds fantastic. I'm sure you'll do awesome, girl!

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Abbie! Isn't bittersweet the perfect word for it? And I couldn't agree more, living in the now is incredibly important. :-) good luck with school and best wishes.
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
  6. *cries* My summer is already done -- school has started. *le sigh* I'm very thankful to be homeschooled so I still have lots of time for writing and reading and blogging stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, being homeschooled is awesome! I was homeschooled too! I miss the flexible schedule and extra time. And thank you so much for commenting, Katie. (-:

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...