Monday, August 10, 2015

The 7-7-7 Blog Challenge

Emily Ann tagged me for the 7-7-7 Blog Challenge. Thank you, Emily! And you guys, go check out her blog, it's seriously amazing. The rules are as follows: Go to page 7 in your book, share the first 7 lines, then tag 7 people. I will sharing my writing from my WIP, A Murder of Crows.

Crannville felt even smaller on the inside.  The streets were mostly bare, and except for a few women chatting on their doorsteps and some stray dogs running down the main road, the town felt abandoned.  The sheriff’s office was a low building at the end of the road with only two rooms and a couple of jail cells.  The front porch sagged slightly, seemingly due to the weight of Sheriff O’Brien who sat on the middle of it drinking coffee and perusing the street over the top of his spectacles. He exhaled a curl of smoke through his nose and took a puff at the cigarette in his left hand. Sheriff Wilson was the direct opposite of O’Brien. He had tilted his chair onto its back two legs and his two legs dangled over the porch railing. His hat was tilted over his eyes and a snore rattled his slight frame.  At the sight of Rachel climbing the steps Sheriff O’Brien elbowed Sheriff Wilson in the ribs. Wilson inhaled sharply, let his chair drop with a slam, and scurried to regain a respectable appearance.  Rachel snickered.
Rachel    ...vintage.... by canismaioris.deviantart.com on @deviantART
Rachel, the MC
Yes, I know that was more than seven lines, but I felt it would sound incomplete if I didn't include the entire paragraph. 
 I TAG:

Have a beautiful day,
Lizzy

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh fun! Tagged for this twice now! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *evil cackles* Now you MUST do it! Muahahahaha!
      Just kidding. (-;

      Delete
  2. I really, really, REALLY love this!! I want to read this book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Emily, you're the sweetest. And thanks for tagging me! It was a lot of fun to do. (-:

      Delete
  3. Marvelous snippet, thanks for the tag. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! And you're most welcome. I can't wait to see what you come up with. (-:

      Delete
  4. Your blog seems so interesting! I'm new to whole followers thing. Do you want to follow each other? :) http://livinlikeaileen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aileen, you'rr so sweet! I just checked out your blog and I'm following with Google friend connect. Congrats on your lovely blog, and lets be blogging friends, shall we?

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...