Wednesday, October 7, 2015

even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise...


beautiful font "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise":
I think Victor Hugo puts it perfectly
 

Recently my life has been insanely busy. Last night I was rushing to finish a paper two hours before it was due because I didn't get home until after 8.  And that's not unusual for me to be finishing assignments minutes before they're due, or getting up before five to get things done.  This morning I didn't want to get out of bed, or wake up at all, because I knew that the next few weeks would be insane, and things probably wouldn't calm down until December. But I'm not here to complain about how busy I am, because I already did that this morning. (-;  I'm writing to tell you, you can make it, through whatever you're going through, and you will.  Sometimes my brain hurts from trying to keep on top of everything.  I have an huge fear of failing and looking stupid, and ironically, it makes me want to give up and disappear into thin air sometimes.




   And then I remember what I know to be true.  If something comes to a bad end, it is not truly the end, because there is a reason for everything.  I think that sometimes because I don't have enough trust, I end up thinking that everything depends on me, and that makes me tremble and break.  Here's the secret I've learned:
 
Nothing depends on me besides what I decide to do in the situations I am put into. 

 
  By no means do I always remember that.  In fact, I forget it more often than not, but deep down, I know it to be true. And after I rant and complain and freak out, once I actually sit down and think, I know it to be true, and it comforts me. I guess the moral of this story is, even when it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, the only weight is that of your own decisions, and even then, you are Loved and Cared For.  It's a comforting thought, isn't it? So don't give up, and neither will I. 
Sending out lots of love to all of my lovely readers,
xoxo
     Lizzy
P.S. It's finally starting to be fall here! It's like sixty-five degrees and it rained today. Beautiful! What's the weather like for you?

7 comments:

  1. This was so encouraging, thank you for this. I have been swamped lately.
    I love that it is finally fall, I am wearing big sweaters and drinking copious amounts of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya' girl! Good luck getting unswamped. And isn't fall the best? It was so awesome having it be cold enough to wear a sweater for the first time this fall. (-:

      Delete
  2. I've also been really busy too. The weather where I live is about seventy five degrees so it hasn't gotten very cool yet. I can't wait until it gets cooler!:)

    http://livinlikeaileen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait for it to really get cool either. And I hope things get a little calmer for you soon. (-:

      Delete
  3. It rained for us yesterday!! And it's 85!!! AWWWWW YESSSSS!!! And it was a real rain that wasn't too monsoon hard!!! And it was a thunderstorm!!! Sorry, I fangirl over rain...
    Anyway, this is a great post. My life is about to get super hectic and stressful, but as my mom told me, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! Thanks for the reminder that not everything depends on me! Good luck with your school stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Rain is sooooo awesome! *fangirls with you* I especially love it when it gets all thundery and grey and gorgeous...
      Great advice! Your mom sounds like a cool person. (-: Aww, thanks. I'll be praying for you as things get crazy. We can do this!

      Delete
  4. Aw, praying for you! I think everyone in high school (especially us writers) is experiencing this to some extent right now. Just remember, one thing at a time, and God's got it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...