Saturday, April 23, 2016

today//a poem

"Rainy Day in Gastown" by S KHAN:

Coffee & rain....perfect day:

"Today"

today starts
it peers over the mountain
blushing pink and gold
like a fairy princess
or an op'ning rose

today is pensive
its sky hangs low
it drops occasional tears
on the busy world
causing some to stop.
and smile at the clouds

today lingers
over coffee shops
and bookstores
people-watching
the people-watchers
who in turn,
are watching today.

Tea, Coffee, and Books : Photo:

Rainy day in Stockholm:

✮ The rising sun over cloud banks and fog in the Blue Ridge Mountains - Shenandoah National Park, Virginia:


After the rain by Sigitas Kondratas on 500px:

I wrote this poem a while ago, but as I don't think I've ever shared any of the few poems I've written or anything for that matter, in a while, I thought I'd share this with you all today.  (TBH, I just thought that all of these pictures were gorgeous and they needed to be in a blog post...)  As you can tell, I haven't got much experience writing poetry, so any feedback, tips, or comments are most welcome! I've missed you all so much, but school will be over soon, and I'll be back and blogging proficiently soon. I hope your day is full of nerdy-ness and tea (or coffee if that's your cup of tea).

xoxo,
Lizzy

14 comments:

  1. This is so good! xD We must have a poetry off in our next skype call (which was totally epic)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks Evie! Yes we must! I can't wait to skype with you again. (-:

      Delete
  2. This is really cozy and cute and sweet. I love the line about people-watching people watchers especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia! That is my favorite line too. XD Thanks again for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful the poem and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAAAAAH GORGEOUS. <3 this poem gave me feels -- like in every sense. I was there, you know?? beautiful. ^.^

    I've missed you, Liz! *hugs*
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, you are soooo sweet Abbie. *blushes* I'm glad that it made you feel that way. I've missed you too! So glad to be back and blogging. *hugs*

      Delete
  5. I think everyone has a poet hidden inside them and you definitely found yours. Also, I just want to let you know that I tagged you over on my blog. Have an awesome day. Thanks for keeping up the awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Susanna! I'll definitely go check out that tag on your blog. Perfect timing, because I was just about to do a tag post!

      Delete
  6. ELIZABETH. DO YOU YOU REMEMBER ME? I'M BACK AND I'VE MISSED YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HANNAH!!!!!!! I have missed you so much! OF COURSE I remember you, you are one of my favorite bloggers, and I can't wait to see more blog posts from you! *throws confetti and glitter everywhere*

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...