Monday, June 13, 2016

the update with gothic dragons and #allthehashtags

It's funny, I thought that with the arrival of summer, I would be blogging all the time, maybe as often as twice a week, but for some reason, I haven't had a ton of inspiration, which I think is key to blogging.  I was feeling really badly about this, but then I read Abbiee's post on her blog about this, and it made me rethink my approach to blogging.  I was stressed out because I didn't have material or inspiration that felt original, and every time I started something, it just didn't feel genuine.  I think I have two problems here. 1) I'm stressing about having blogging material, which really takes the joy out of blogging, and 2) Let's just say, being open and genuine can be difficult for me because of my own self criticism.  I know that the blogging world is really open and generous in sharing love, so that must mean I'm the one holding myself back, right?  Not once have I received a rude or judgemental comment. So first I want to say a big thank you guys for being such supportive blogging friends.  Secondly, I don't know how regular my blogging will be but I am not abandoning my blog altogether.  Thirdly and lastly, do you guys have any tips for not being so self critical of your own writing?
 :
a random, angsty picture just 'cause i like it, also i've been thinking about
the ocean a lot recently (-;
Okay, now that that's out of the way, I have a few things to tell you guys. *drumroll*

do cardinals never sit on gravestones, or do people just not photograph that?:
Because it reminded me of A Murder of Crows (my book).
1) I FINISHED THE FIRST DRAFT OF MY FIRST NOVEL!!!
No, for reals, this isn't a joke, after a year of procrastination and a few occasions of almost giving up like I did on the past three novels that I started, I decided to hunker down and finish it before my 17th birthday.  It is the messiest, ugliest, most plot-hole filled, and vague first draft in the history of first drafts, but it's my first brain-child and I'm so proud of my completed draft. And let's be honest, newborns are hardly ever beautiful, they just need a bit of growing and training (aka a ton of editing) to do before they're ready to be released into the world.  So that happened at the beginning of this month, and now I'm working on a new novel that's kind of a gothic fantasy with a touch of steampunk in a Jane Eyre-esque universe with dragons.  That totally wasn't confusing...
SS-Sanctuary at night. More dangerous than you may think; it being a Sanctuary of peace. But at night you can lose a finger or two due to rebels:
Just throw in a few dragons and a dash of whimsy and magic, and you've got my WIP
Oh, and just a reminder, Camp NaNo is coming up in like two weeks.  I've started a cabin, but so far, only one lovely person has joined.  If you're doing Camp NaNo and still haven't joined a cabin, feel free to share your username in the comments below, and I'll send you an invite.
Reading her textbooks near the window......:
A sneak peek of the pinterest board for my Camp NaNoWriMo project..
2) I TURNED 17?!?
Well, that happened...  It feels weird to think that a year from now, I'm going to legally be an adult. Say what?!  This feels like a joke.  Who am I kidding, I'm pretty sure I'm still eleven sometimes. Or four.  Excuse me while I just crawl into my blanket fort and turn into a burrito of avoidance and blankets...
burrito blanket meme - Google Search:
3) #IGOTINSTAGRAM...
While I've been absent on my blog, I've been keeping a fairly updated Instagram with lots of pictures of #books, #food, and the occasional picture of #yours-truly.  My username is @e.a.dannenbrink.
Tell me what your Instagram username in the comments and I'll follow you. (-: #iuseallthehashtags
#beyewarned
When you have random photography inspiration in the middle of studying French. .. . . . . . . #bookstagram #pastels #typewriternotebook #lepetitprince #french #tintin #jeparlefrançais #unpeu #booklove #pinksandblues #livres from my instagram @e.a.dannenbrink:
one of my favorite posts
4)I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!!!
My family and I are going to spend nine days in the Pacific North-West at the end of this month!  This was actually a pretty spontaneous vacation that we planned this week.  It started out that my younger sister was going to go for a music event, but then my mom was like "Why don't we all go and make a family vacation of it?"  So now we're all going on an adventure! I am SO excited. I don't know if I already mentioned it, but we used to live in Oregon, so it feels a bit like we're going home, and I can't wait to be in that green, beautiful, seaside country... My exuberance may be somewhat fueled by the fact that it got to 108 degrees fahrenheit here last weekend... Anyways, I am so excited, and I promise I will share pictures on Instagram and do a post about it when I get back.

In dreams I caught sweet glimpses of You, on glassy vibrant shores, I awoke to find that it was true, and yet You love me more//s. Dear One Your love is beyond the hearts of this world:
Can we just a take a minute to appreciate the beauty that is the Pacific Northwest?

Well, that's it for today, to all of you who made it through yet another post of my ramblings, I applaud you and send you all virtual lemonade.

xoxoxo,
   Lizzy

10 comments:

  1. A lot of our family vacations start with Dad's job, a ballgame, or more recently, a mini marathon across the country which turned into a western survey trip of two weeks. I would say you could get several posts out of your vacation. I certainly did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Livia Rachelle! I think this trip will be really great for blogging material and inspiration. Aren't family vacations the best?

      Delete
  2. Yay! :D Oooooh send me your story if you'd like please do!
    I'm going on holiday again too for Dad's work! :DDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you read my story, but sadly, I only have a hard draft of the complete thing. When I edit it on the computer though, I will most certainly ask you to read it and tell me what you think! Oh, how fun. Where to?

      Delete
  3. I love Oregon, it's so pretty. The first draft, that's awesome. Eat cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oregon is basically a whimsical fairy kingdom with hippies and hipsters and awesome indie music! Thanks! I have certainly been celebrating :-)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing your book!!! Way to go! That is something to celebrate!! Also, your Jane eyre / dragon book sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Olivia! I'm super excited about it. And I've got to admit, I really like my new novel idea too. XD

      Delete
  5. What is this camp? I was planning to do in the April but felt way to overwhelmed by the experience.



    Inspiration is a thing we all struggle with, i once found a post (lost the link sorry) but it had tips and one of them was "As soon as you think of an idea, write a draft title" or my personal one is creating a mood diagram of my current feelings/events. (Hope it helps)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on campnanowrimo.org and you can read all about it on their website, and then sign up if you want to. Let me know if you'd like to join our cabin (-:

      Those are great tips, Martin, thanks. I've never created a mood diagram before, that sounds really cool, I'll have to try it. (-:

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...