Monday, July 4, 2016

how lucky we are to be alive right now // a fourth of july post

i've never been much of a patriot, i've never been very political. i've don't think i've ever said:
'i'm proud to be an american.'
Need these for 4th of July!!:
i see a collage of contradictions. this land is your land this land is my land and this land is suffering and neglected by us.  our government is a work of genius and our government is corrupt and selfish. believe me, i could go on all day. we could argue the fine points of politics and rights and wrongs and keep running in circles and pointing fingers and going now were. but today, i choose not to.
today is a day that i realize is only worth celebrating if we celebrate God's hand in creating this country and aiding our forefathers.

'nations rise, empires fall'
and they will keep doing so until the end of time, but there is only one Kingdom that will last.  that is why, today i don't want to go around proclaiming that america is the greatest land or complaining that it's headed downhill to ruin.  i want to thank God that i was born to live right now, that i am lucky enough to see the world changing by the second.  that i have the opportunity to be part of a changing world.  i will not lie, it has its wounds, but from the ashes, rises the phoenix, and We are that phoenix.  in the ashes of ruin and despair, We rise the more glorious, because We have God, and God makes beautiful things out of the most horrible situations when we trust in him.

in church yesterday, the priest pointed this out, and my mind was blown. how God has always revealed himself most fully in the darkest of hours, when hope seemed lost.  and now, once more, hope is a thing that is forgotten, unspoken of, a thing of the past, and people are preaching fire and brimstone and destruction, but i believe that God has something great planned, something we can't even imagine, and We are lucky enough to be alive right now and full of hope.


Hey everyone! 
I hope y'all are having a lovely Independence Day. Or just a lovely day in general if you're not American.  I wrote this on the spur of the moment this afternoon, and decided that it was something I wanted to talk about.  Something that covers a lot of topics I often avoid discussing.  Controversial topics like politics and God and Faith, etc... Since I decided to be more honest in my writing I decided that I need to talk more about the things I avoid discussing.  I avoid controversy and I avoid sounding too idealistic and too sappy.  I realize that to a lot of people I might come across in a less than positive light because I've decided to discuss these things, but that's not what matters.  What matters is that I am genuine and don't try to fit a standard that isn't necessarily me, just because it's popular.  Some people might call my writing pretentious, and maybe I am, but I think trying to achieve something greater is better than settling for what's comfortable and universally accepted.  At least in a situation like this. (-;
I know you guys are probably all super hyped about the 4th and I don't mean to be all somber, so to lighten things up, here are some fireworks (pun totally intended) and virtual confetti! Also, please tell me what you think in the comments.  I love to hear what other people have to say as it's quite often enlightening and inspiring.
ANIMATED GIF - Infinite fireworks display lighting up the night sky

xoxoxo,
   Lizzy
P.S. Yes, those are quotes from Hamilton. #noshame #borrowinglikeabawse
// Lafayette/Daveed is the best!! ♡♡:
Hamilton fanart found on pinterest

6 comments:

  1. ooh, I like your perspectives on this! I'm a little overwhelmed by all the politics at the moment, omg. It seems like it's just EVERYWHERE online. I'm not American, but it is sad about a lot of events happening over there. But then there are horrible things happening in every country. AND good things. And I think we forget the good things in favour of the bad. BUT ANYWAY I'M RAMBLING. XD I hope you all had a lovely 4th of July! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cait! Aren't they so overwhelming though?! It's mindboggling and sad... But hey, you're right. No country is perfect(-:
      Haha YAY FOR RAMBLING! Thanks for your kind words.
      ~Lizzy

      Delete
  2. HA. I WAS HOPING YOU WERE QUOTING HAMILTON WHEN I SAW THE TITLE. Now this makes me ridiculous happy and I can't stop flailing. xD

    Ughhhh but this. Your words are so true. America is a messy place right now, but the world is just a messy place. It's not perfect. And I think all of the hardships down here will make heaven seem like 10000x the awesomeness. xD

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I LOVE meeting other Hamilton fans, it makes me so happy. *flails with you*
      I agree. The fact that now is a hard time will make then even better. It's strange, but so true. (-:
      Thanks for your fabulous comment, Katie!

      Delete
  3. I'm Canadian, but I love America and Hamilton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you were Canadian! That's so cool! And Hamilton is a work of genius...

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...