Sunday, August 7, 2016

what's happening now? // an update on my latest adventures

I know I didn't post about this yet, but yes, I did win Camp NaNoWriMo with a couple thousand extra words and a couple days to spare. To be honest though, I think I bragged about it enough on social media to make even my dearest friends want to throttle me, so no, this post is not entirely about my Camp NaNoWriMo novel.
Only one picture, I promise

So, besides completing Camp NaNoWriMo and silly things like starting a second pinterest account and frequenting the library and Starbucks, I've been up to some other slightly bigger things. (A.K.A. life decisions.)

At the beginning of last month, I thought that I would be staying in Oregon with my Grandmother for at least a whole semester.  That I'd be transferring schools, getting a job, making friends, adulting, starting a new life here.  I was really excited about it and I was applying for all kinds of jobs, getting my paper work in order to transfer, thinking about auditioning for the community theatre, etc... It seemed like a really great plan, and it still does, but I think God has other things in mind for me.  It became more apparent after a couple of weeks. 
25 Inspiring Quotes for this Week:
via pinterest
The transfer process was not going as smoothly as we'd hoped.  I wasn't getting any calls back for jobs, and when I did, there were always problems with the fact that I'm not eighteen yet or something like that.  On top of that, I was really missing the rest of my family.  Let's face it, I may be seventeen, but I still get homesick after three weeks.  I'm a hobbit.  I may love a good adventure, but at the end, I just want to go home and eat second breakfast with my family and closest friends.  I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that home isn't just a place, it's a feeling unlike any other.  It's people you love and traditions you grew up with and the smell of that bread your mom always makes at Christmas.  That feeling when you're all sitting around the dinner table together and you don't have to say anything, you just understand that mutual connection and memory that stretches back further than you can remember.
THIS IMAGE HAS TO DO WITH MYSELF WANTED TO BARTER WITH MY COMMUNITY AND SHARE WHAT I CAN SPARE FROM MY GARDEN - THIS WOULD FALL UNDER - PURPOSE...  MK_ELLE_JAPAN_0182 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!:
via pinterest

Okay, now that I've finished my tangent about the universally acknowledged truth that there is no place like home, let's move on.  Instead of staying here, I'm flying back to AZ shortly.  (In time for three of my sister's birthdays. Yay!) I'm going to continue going to the same little community college I've been going to for the past three years.  I'm going to keep working in my family's bakery and anticipating the dinner gatherings we have with our friends and drumming out scales on the piano in our little library and dreaming of someday writing something that's somewhat fabulous.  And things won't always be the same, they will change.  Soon I'll have my licence and a sense of independence.  Soon I'll be taking new classes on subjects I've always wanted to learn more about. I'll be living each day like it's a beginning, because it is.  I'll be trying and failing and succeeding and either way, learning something. I am not finished there.
You Don't Have to Have Your Life Completely Figured Out Right Now ...:
via pinterest
I don't know why things weren't supposed to work out for me here.  But one thing I know for sure is that God has a different plan, and it's better than any plan I could have come up with even in my craziest dreams.  The reason I'm not upset about going back to the Podunk town that I've always complained about, is that I know that there's a reason for it.  I just don't know what it is yet.  I'm still learning that it's okay to not always know.

I've been terrible keeping up in the blogger world and I miss talking with you guys! Leave me a comment to tell me what you've been up to.  What have you learned recently? How has your summer been thus far? What kind of posts would you like to see more of on this blog? Also, important questions, favorite ice cream flavor(s)?

xoxoxo,
     Lizzy

4 comments:

  1. Girl I loved this! Your plans for Oregon sounded really awesome, but I'm sure God has more awesome plans for you! I'm so happy you're gonna be home soon! Just yes to everything you said! It's hard not to be where I thought I was gonna be a year ago, but God is already showing me His will and timing! My summer has been moving, making music, and learning to call a new place home! My favorite ice cream flavor is rainbow sherbert, GOOD cookie dough, or Rocky Road. I'm always good with vanilla though! Have fun in college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Ashley! Yeah, it's kind of amazing how differently things turn out than expected, but in a good way, I think. Your summer sounds fabulous! I bet the music there is really great. Ooooh, Rocky Road... I haven't had that in a while. Now I'm really hungry!
      Have a fabulous first semester!

      Delete
  2. I know exactly how you feel, I moved out thinking that's what I was supposed to do. In the end I just wanted to be back home, I missed my family. Going home was the right decision, it was where I am supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for sharing your experience, Skye. It's really encouraging to see that someone else has experienced something similar. I think it was the right decision for me. Isn't it crazy how much more you miss your family than you expect? I'm excited to be going home in a couple of days. (-:

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me! I LOVE to connect with my readers, and I promise I don't bite.

xoxo Lizzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...